We examine the best graphics tablets for online teachers to use in the classroom
Keeping students engaged during online ESL classes can sometimes be a challenge. Adding diversity into your classes can be one of the best ways to keep students, especially younger ones, focused on the lesson and interested in what is being talked about. There are a few different ways that this can be accomplished including using props, digital effects with a program such as Many Cam, and an often overlooked method of drawing and illustrating with a graphics pad. We’re going to discuss the latter of these methods and how you can utilize a graphics pad in your online ESL classes as well as the best graphics tablets for online ESL teachers.
Why would I use a graphics tablet in my online class?
Have you ever used the built-in annotation feature that many online ESL companies have in their courseware and become frustrated? These tools are often quite clunky on their own nevermind if you are trying to draw something with a mouse and in a short amount of time. Wouldn’t it be nice if you could just take a pen and draw something simple to illustrate what you are talking about?
If you’ve taught a few classes then you have probably figured out that using pictures and drawing are two of the easiest and quickest ways to illustrate a complex concept. Why try to explain the idea of Christmas or a snowman to a young Chinese child when you can draw a Christmas tree or snowman on a screen and they can connect that to their own understanding from movies. A picture is worth a thousand words and this has never been truer than when trying to teach a new language to a young student who may be on the other side of the world from you.
A graphics tablet allows you to easily and, just as important, quickly, draw items on the screen with more precision and speed than you would ever be able to get using your computer’s mouse. It will also allow you to save time trying to navigate through the annotation software and constantly switch between the different tools that may or may not be available to you at any time.
How can I use a graphics tablet in my online class?
Now that you understand why you would want to use a graphics tablet in your class, you may be wondering exactly how to use it. This can be a bit tricky depending on which company you work for and how their software works, however, it should be easily manageable for almost all teachers.
The best, and for many teachers, the only way to use a graphics tablet in their online classroom will be to pair the graphics tablet with a desktop whiteboard app, of which there are many. This will allow you to quickly switch between the courseware and the whiteboard with just a quick click of the mouse. You will be able to draw what you need to illustrate the point you are trying to make and then get back to the lesson without wasting valuable time.
It really is as simple as this. There won’t be a need for a lot of extra clunky software that will bog down your computer and installation will be as simple as hooking a USB plug into your computer. You can go from those awkward drawings of houses to awesome illustrations that students will actually be able to understand in just a matter of minutes.
What are the best graphics tablets for online teachers?
- Broad compatibility: XOPPOX graphics tablet compatible with Windows Xp, 7, 8, 10. Android 4.4 and above; Mac OS 10.7.0 and above(Not compatible with iPhone/iPad/Chromebook) NOTE: for Mac user, Security & Privacy’s permission is necessary for Accessibility/Input Monitoring/ Full Disk Access when installation completed.
- No-battery Pen: The graphic drawing tablet come with 8192 levels of pressure sensitivity pen, which makes the line more smoother and natural. This battery-free pen not need to charge, and you not need to consider whether the battery will run out, and the packing include 20 replacement nibs.
- Convenient Shortcut Keys: Designed with 12 customizable shortcut keys and 10 multimedia Keys(Only Compatible for Windows), provides more convenience to help improve productivity and efficiency when creating tablet drivers with graphics tablet that allow shortcuts to many different software.
- Easy to Install: When connecting the graphics tablet to the computer, you will find the installation driver on the removable disk of my computer and then install it. NOTE: you need to perform some settings and restart your computer after the installation is successful before use; Please contact our Technical Support Team directly from the official website to get a quick and professional reply if any question about the product.
- Wide range of use: XOPPOX drawing tablet is well compatible with office software like Microsoft office Word, Excel, Power Point, etc. It is ideal for online teaching, online class, remote work, web conference, presentation and so on. Also compatible with most major software including: Photoshop, SAI, FlipaClip, Medibang, Adobe illustrator, Lightroom and more.
- XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet must be connected to a computer to work, it's compatible with Windows 7 or later, Mac 10.10 or later. Compatible with Photoshop, Illustrator, SAI, Painter, MediBang, Clip Studio, and more. It's ideal for digital drawing, animation, sketching, photo editing, 3D sculpting, and more. Connect the Artist12 tablet to your computer with the included 3-in-1 cord, and install the XP-PEN driver, sketch or paint on the screen directly, enjoy an immersive creation experience
- 11.6 HD IPS display: Artist12 drawing tablet is the XP-PEN’s latest smallest 1920x1080 HD display paired with 72% NTSC(100%SRGB) Color Gamut, presenting vivid images, vibrant colors and extreme detail for a stunning display of your artwork. It's pre-installed anti-reflective screen protector already. The slim touch bar can be programmed to zoom in and out, scroll up and down. Its 6 shortcut keys are customizable, XP-PEN driver allows the shortcut keys to be attuned to other different software
- Battery-free stylus with a digital eraser at the end: XP-PEN advanced P06 passive pen was made for a traditional pencil-like feel! Featuring a unique hexagonal design, non-slip & tack-free flexible glue grip, partial transparent pen tip, and an eraser at the end! Delivering technical sense, high efficiency, with a fashionable and comfortable grip, and there are 8 replacement pen nibs included with the multi-function pen holder
- XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet with screen is ideal for online education and remote work. Set the Artist12 drawing screen as an extended display when working from home, visually present your handwritten notes on the screen directly. Teachers and students can write and edit complicated functional equations with ease. It's compatible with XSplit, Zoom, Twitch, Microsoft Teams, ezTalks Webinar, Idroo, Scribbiar, wiziQ, and more
- XP-PEN provides a one-year warranty and lifetime technical support for all our drawing pen tablets/displays. Register your XP-PEN Artist12 drawing tablet on xp-pen web to apply for an ArtRage 5, openCanvas, or Explain Everything. Your laptop/desktop needs to have HDMI and USB-A ports available for the connection, or you need an extra converter(such as Thunderbolt to HDMI, depends on what ports that your laptop/desktop has) for the connection
- 【FOR ONLINE MEETING & ONLINE CLASS】You can use GAOMON S620 pen tablet for online education and remote meeting. It works with most online meeting programs, like Zoom, and so on. 【FOR DIGITAL ART & CREATION】-- Not only for beginner but also for professionalists in digital drawing, sketching, graphics design, 3D art work, animation, etc. 【FOR ANNOTATING AND SIGNATURE】--You can sign and write in excel, word, pdf, ppt, etc. 【FOR Osu! & GAMING】--It's a large help for playing rythm games like Osu!
- 【PASSIVE PEN】--Battery-free pen cuts the inconveneince of charging the pen. 【8192 HIGH LEVEL PEN PRESSURE & 4 CUSTOMIZABLE EXPRESS KEYS】It will provide you precise control and accuracy at your fingertips, to bring more natural lines and enhance creative performance. 4 customizable express keys could be set to more functions as you like. Using them while working will largely improve your work flow.
- 【COMPATIBILITY OR APPLICATION】-- It compatible with Windows OS 7/8/10 or above and mac-10.12 or above. Work with most art programs like Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Clip Studio, Lightroom, Sketchbook Pro, Manga Studio, CorelPainter, FireAlpaca, OpenCanvas, Paint Tool Sai2, Krita and so on. 【WORK WITH ANDROID DEVICES】--It works with android devices with 6.0 or above system which support OTG function. 【NEED PURCHASE EXTRAUSB ADAPTERS FOR ANDROID DEVICES】
- 【266 PPS REPORT RATE + 5080LPI RESOLUTION + 10MM PEN READING HEIGHT + 6.5*4 INCHES ACTIVE AREA】-- This size is more portable and lightweight, easy to be carried around in the laptop bag to the workplace, school, and travel. But it’s also big enough for digital painting, handwriting, playing games and animation design, etc.
- 【HUMANIZED DESIGN】-- 4 rubber feet are created to ensure the stability of the tablet from slipper. 【LEFT & RIGHT HANDED SUPPORT】--Set 180 degree roate inside GAOMON Driver to set left hand mode.