Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Teacher of English for Al Yasmina Academy in Abu Dhabi for the next Academic Year 2021 – 2022.
Al Yasmina Academy is an outstanding English Curriculum school in the beautiful city of Abu Dhabi. With our globally recognised and admired curriculum, dedicated and passionate practitioners and outstanding teaching and learning, Al Yasmina Academy is an exceptional place to work. It has an exciting, diverse and progressive learning community that annually produces some of the very best I/GCSE and A Level results in the UAE. Our learning culture is under pinned by our core values of excellence, respect, passion, collaboration and creativity allowing all students to thrive. Furthermore, the Academy is extremely proud of its recent ADEK inspection, which rated Al Yasmina Academy as ‘Outstanding’ in all six performance standards, putting it amongst the top schools in the UAE and Middle East.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of schools and to help shape the future of Abu Dhabi’s leading school group.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
Teach allocated students by planning their teaching to achieve outstanding progression of learning through:
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding Learning and Teaching
- Identifying clear teaching objectives and specifying how they will be taught and assessed
- Setting tasks which challenge students and ensure high levels of interest
- Setting appropriate and demanding expectations
- Setting clear targets, building on prior attainment
- Identifying SEN or very able students
- Providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge
- Making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study
- Making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need
- Ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time
- Maintaining an effective learning environment in accordance with the academy’s procedures and encouraging good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework
- Using a variety of teaching methods to:
i. match approach to content, structure information, present a set
of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
ii. use effective questioning, listen carefully to students, give attention to errors and misconceptions
iii. select appropriate learning resources and develop study skills through library, I.C.T. and other learning technologies
- Ensuring students acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught
- Evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness
- Ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support
Monitoring, Assessment, Recording, Reporting
- Assess how well learning objectives have been achieved and use them to improve specific aspects of teaching;
- Mark and monitor students’ work and set targets for progress
- Using performance data to inform planning and therefore ensuring the Learning and Teaching continue to ‘add value
- Assess and record students’ progress systematically and keep records to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and areas for development, inform planning and recognise the level at which the student is achieving
- Undertake assessment of students as requested by examination bodies, departmental and academy procedures;
- Prepare and present informative reports to parents
- Take part in subject or aspects of the academy’s work and develop plans which identify clear targets and success criteria for its development and / or maintenance
- Contribute to the whole academy’s visioning activities.
Other Professional Requirements
- Have a working knowledge of teachers’ professional duties and legal liabilities
- Operate at all times within the stated policies and practices of the academy
- Establish effective working relationships and set an outstanding example through their presentation and personal and professional conduct
- Endeavour to give every child the opportunity to reach their potential and meet high expectations;
- Co-operate with other staff to ensure a sharing and effective usage of resources to the benefit of the academy, department and students
- Contribute to the corporate life of the academy through effective participation in meetings and management systems necessary to coordinate the leadership and management of the academy
- Take part in marketing and liaison activities such as Open evenings/afternoons, Parent Teacher Consultations, and events with partner academys
- Take responsibility for own professional development and duties in relation to academy policies and practices;
- Liaise effectively with parents
- Bachelor of Education Degree in English or Bachelor Degree in equivalent field with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- 2 years of experience in teaching English (Mandatory)
- Warmth, empathy, credibility, self-belief, integrity, drive and child-centred
- Ability to lead and manage specialised learning, providing programs and lesson
- planning to meet specific and general learning needs
- Ability to have difficult conversations around sensitive issues
- Cultural sensitivity to the needs of our community
- An efficient and effective communicator
WHAT WE OFFER
Aldar Academies are a family of world-class, child centered, and innovative schools based in the UAE. We educate over 25,000 students across our group of owned and managed schools and as we grow so does our need for highly skilled, inspirational, and dedicated school leaders. We offer an attractive remuneration package including medical cover, flights, housing, and free child school places. Our future-focused learning model includes both students and staff and so we place a special emphasis on professional development, coaching and training.
Successful candidates will have access to a wide network of professionals and opportunities to both lead and contribute to training others as well as developing themselves.
Aldar Academies are keen to hear from like-minded, forward thinking school leaders who would welcome the challenge and opportunities that we have to offer.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.