The Classroom Helper supports the lead teacher with the implementation of activities and assignments that meet the physical, emotional, educational and social needs of children. Reporting to the lead teacher, the Classroom Helper responsibilities include supervision, helping with basic needs and material preparation.
- Help students with basic needs, such as preparing meals and eating; personal hygiene, including nappy changing and toilet training; washing and getting dressed.
- Help teachers prepare for lessons by getting materials ready or setting up equipment and furniture.
- Display student work around the classroom, as assigned.
- Keep the classroom tidy and set it up for learning activities.
- Encourage appropriate behaviour from the students in accordance with the classroom rules, school approach and lead teacher’s guidance.
- Provide coverage for breaks for other staff members.
- Supervise daily lunch and playground activities and field trips, as assigned.
Genuine warmth and concern for children as well as an understanding of their developmental needs.
Respect for children’s ideas, feelings, abilities and differences.
Insights into and tolerance for the range of age appropriate behaviour.
Meritton British International School uses the English National Curriculum to establish fundamentals based on:
Teaching that works with values – creating a strong learning environment to enhance academic attainment; developing students’ life-long social and relationship skills.
Modeling a positive
learning environment – throughout the school to eliminate confrontational relationships; freeing up high-quality teaching and learning time.