Aldar Academies are currently seeking an outstanding Primary Teacher for Al Ain Academy commencing Academic Year 2021 – 2022.
This is an exciting opportunity to join the highly successful Aldar family of
Al Ain Academy opened in September 2011 providing high quality education in the heritage ‘Garden City’ of the United Arab Emirates. The children are taught the English National Curriculum – tailored to be meaningful to children living in Al Ain. Facilities at the school are excellent and include a large astro-turf field, two swimming pools, well-stocked library, a large multi-purpose sports hall, an auditorium and outdoor play areas. It is an exciting, challenging and enjoyable school to work in where achievement for pupils is at the heart of all we do. The school has achieved outstanding levels of progress and attainment, supported by rigorous tracking of data and assessment in all areas of the curriculum.
The successful candidate must have a secure knowledge of teaching the English curriculum and latest developments. with a proven track record of implementing effective strategies to raise standards and plug gaps in learning and will be able to demonstrate leadership skills/experiences at a variety of levels and to be effective in working collaboratively in a team.
The successful candidates will be closely aligned with our core values and ethos and possess a genuine understanding and appreciation of the values of the region.
- Teach allocated pupils by planning their teaching to achieve outstanding progression of learning through:
- Creating a climate that is conducive for outstanding learning and teaching
- Planning collaboratively with year team colleagues within the framework set by the
- identifying clear teaching objectives and success criteria and specifying how they will
be taught and assessed;
- setting tasks which challenge pupils and ensure high levels of interest;
- setting appropriate and demanding expectations;
- setting clear targets, building on prior attainment;
- identifying SEN or gifted and talented pupils
- providing clear structures for lessons maintaining pace, motivation and challenge;
- making effective use of assessment and ensure coverage of programmes of study;
- making effective use of performance data and key indicators to inform planning and
therefore deliver differentiated learning – matched to need
- ensuring effective teaching and best use of available time;
- Safeguard pupils’ health and safety both when are authorised to be on the academy
premises and when they are engaged in authorised academy activities elsewhere
- maintaining discipline in accordance with the academy’s procedures and encouraging
good practice with regard to punctuality, behaviour, standards of work and homework;
- using a variety of teaching methods to:
i. match approach to content, structure information, present a set of key ideas and use appropriate vocabulary
ii. use effective questioning, listen carefully to pupils, and give attention to errors and misconceptions
iii. select appropriate learning resources and ICT and other learning technologies effectively
- ensuring pupils acquire and consolidate knowledge, skills and understanding appropriate to the subject taught;
- evaluating own teaching critically to improve effectiveness; and implementing effective strategies to support students with Special needs.
- ensuring the effective and efficient deployment of classroom support.
- Bachelor of Education or a Bachelor’s Degree in a related subject with PGCE or other teacher qualification.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a Classroom Teacher in the English Curriculum.
Job Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Previous experience working with students whom English is not their first language.
- Passion for teaching and commitment to educating the whole child.
- A high level of professionalism and consideration of the well-being of children.
- Recent and consistent involvement in extracurricular activities.
- A positive and solution-focused attitude to working life.
- A clean enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services check or police check.
This job description is not all inclusive. Aldar Education reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We are also mindful of our national development strategy and encourage UAE Nationals in their application at our company.
As much as we would be delighted to entertain all applicants, due to high volume of applications and robust selection process, only shortlisted applicants will be contacted within 10 business days.
Aldar Education is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. Offers of appointment are subject to satisfactory references and police clearance.
Please note that you are wholly responsible for fact checking in respect of the information provided by schools. Please also check for the latest visa and work permit requirements that may apply. Tes is not responsible for the content of advertisements or the policies adopted by advertising schools. Tes asks that all schools follow Tes’ Fair Recruitment Policy.