Responsible for instructing others about the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar. Assigns books and essays for students to read and teaches them how to identify themes, points of view, and other characteristics.
Duties and responsibilities:
The following items are representative work activities, which may be undertaken by a Tutor at this level:
· Instruct students on interpreting literature.
· Assign books to read, including classics and contemporary novels.
· Help students interpret literature and poetry.
· Provide background on authors’ life and works.
· Teach students about the structure and content of the English language, including proper grammar, spelling, and sentence structure.
· Teach about different literary styles.
· Read and stay abreast of current topics in education.
· Utilize various curriculum resources.
· Administer academic and language assessments for the purpose of evaluating student progress for meeting academic learning targets and progress in language acquisition
· Knowledge of English language including meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition and grammar.
· Skilled at written and verbal communication, including formal presentation to groups.
· Outstanding personal and interpersonal communication skills
· Speaks English at an idiomatic level (accent free)
· Master’s degree
· Specialized knowledge in the subject
· High Level of Proficiency in English
· English Native Speaker
· Professional Certification preferred, but not required.
· Three-plus years of experience teaching in an Intensive English Program or similar academic prep setting
· Demonstrated ability to teach all proficiency levels from true beginners to advanced, in different skill areas
· Experience with assessment and training
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Teaching: 3 years (Preferred)
- Dubai Knowledge Village (Preferred)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19