[Explanation of institution (recruitment background, institution details, explanation of project, etc.)]
Ehime University invites applications for full-time contract English instructor(Assistant Professor) whose main duty is to teach English classes mainly for 1st year students as well as undertaking some out of class English learning activities.
[Job details (duties, subject responsible for, etc.)]
(1) To teach approximately 10 ninety-minute English classes a week in the General Education program mainly for freshman (and sophomore).
(2) To contribute to other university-wide educational activities and outreach programs.
(3) To contribute to regular duties (including meetings) related to our English language program and participate in faculty and professional development programs.
[Address of work location and other information]
3 Bunkyo-cho, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan 790-8577
[Number of positions]
April 1, 2020
Full-time (Nontenured) The employment contract is for three years, renewable for up to two more (maximum of 5 years), according to the candidate’s performance and achievement.
All of the following requirements must be met.
(1) A native speaker of English or a person who has native English speaking proficiency.
(2) A Master’s degree in English education or a closely related field.
(3) Sufficient Japanese ability to be able to manage day-to-day duties.
(4) Experience teaching English at an educational institution.
Annual Salary 4,560,000JPY per annum (380,000JPY per month)
Other benefits (housing benefit, commuting allowance)
Other conditions depend on the Ehime University regulations.
/notification of result
Documents to be submitted:
(1) Resume/C.V.: The required format can be downloaded from the English Education Center website: http://web.eec.ehime-u.ac.jp/english/index.html
(2) Two letters of reference with the contact details for each person clearly noted in each letter.
(3) A copy of all diplomas, degrees and any qualifications related to English Education.
(4) A statement of the candidate’s career objectives and perspectives on English language teaching in Japan (in English and about 500 – 800 words). Alternatively, it is preferable if the candidate submits an official Teaching Portfolio.
(5) (optional) An offprint or copy of main publication with five copies if any. Include an English or Japanese abstract.
Please send your application materials via registered mail to the address below:
The Director of the English Education Center,
Institute for Education and Student Support, Ehime University,Aidai Muse 2nd floor,
3 Bunkyo-cho, Matsuyama, Ehime, Japan 790-8577.
Application materials will not be returned to applicants.
[Selection process (selection method and hiring decision), notification of result]
1st stage: Document review
2nd stage: Interview, including a demonstration lesson
[Contact details (department, official position, name, e-mail address, and phone number of the responsible person)]
Ehime University, The Institute for Education and Student Support, English Education Center
e-mail: [email protected] (E-mail inquiries only)
2. CV format_English(Jyokyo).docx
(1) Ehime University is an equal opportunity employer and both male and female candidates will be given equal consideration.
(2) All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence and will be used for screening purposes only.
[Details of required special expertise, qualification of the specific fields or degrees, etc.]- Possessing a Master’s degree – Having native...Apply For This Job
Job SummaryTeach English as a Foreign Language in Mexico! ESL/EFL Teachers needed for a private PreK-6 school. Content-based, all-skills bilingual...Apply For This Job
1. Initiate, facilitate, and moderate classroom discussions. 2. Evaluate and grade students’ class work, assignments, and papers. 3. Prepare course...Apply For This Job
Department Center for General Education Institution type Private university Content of job information [Job Description] (1)Instructors will teach twelve 90-minute...Apply For This Job