Through our English and Exams work we aim to achieve more widespread and better quality teaching and learning of English worldwide and offer access to professional qualifications.
Working with policymakers, government ministers, teachers and learners across the world we help millions of people to access English by supporting the teaching and learning of English in public education systems, and through self-access materials and courses. We teach learners and teachers of English face-to-face in dedicated teaching centres and online through a range of courses. Every year three million people take international exams with help from the British Council, gaining qualifications that can open doors at leading academic institutions and improve employment prospects.
- To promote and ensure quality teaching and effective learning of English
- To support the wider aims of British Council and its cultural relations mission
- To assist with the development of the Adults/YL course offer and/or training provision
- Cambridge CELTA or equivalent TEFL-I qualification
- Undergraduate Degree
- Cambridge DELTA Module (At least 1 completed )
- English at Proficiency CEFR Level C2: Native speaker or IELTS band 8/9 in each of 4 sections of the academic module.
- Demonstrable interest in specialisation in young learner teaching, adult teaching or teacher training.
- 2 years post-certificate i.e. CELTA/Trinity cert TESOL experience
- (or should have completed one year of a recognised Teacher Support Programme).
- Specialist qualification demonstrating specialisation, e.g. YL extension, TYLEC or equivalent /PGCE primary or secondary.
- Experience of line management.
- Experience of moderating online forums or delivering INSETTs
- Some proficiency in Arabic
British Council Behaviours and Generic Skills
Contract start date: ASAP
Number of posts: up to 8 posts
Deadline to receive applications: 30 November 2019
Internal candidates: please remember to include the full version of your most recent end-of-year-record of performance/evaluation and confirm when the system prompts you that you have discussed the application with both your line and centre manager. Please note that we will not proceed with your application in the absence of your line manager’s written approval and reserve the right to withdraw your candidature at any stage of the recruitment process.
Enquiries about the post can be sent to the MENA Regional Teacher Recruitment team based in Dubai – [email protected] Please do not send any applications via email as they will not be considered.
Please refer to our Careers page, Middle East & North Africa, for further information about our teaching centres and the various opportunities available for teachers in the region – https://www.britishcouncil.org/jobs/careers/english/global-network/middle-east-north-africa
The British Council is a full member of Keeping Children Safe (KCS) and has achieved level 1 child safe certification. We believe that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989 and that every child matters – everywhere in the world. In line with the British Council’s Child Protection policy, any appointment is contingent on thorough checks including criminal record checks, in line with legal requirements.
Valuing diversity is essential to the British Council’s work. We aim to abide by and promote equality legislation by following both the letter and the spirit of it to try and avoid unjustified discrimination, recognising discrimination as a barrier to equality of opportunity, inclusion and human rights.
You must sign in to bookmark this listing.